18.5.07

Is pain, is good

What with the recent dance and yoga classes I've been taking, my body hasn't moved this much in quite a few months, and I'm feeling it too. Painful, but good. Bodies were definitely built to move, to be active, and when I'm not engaged in some kind of sweat inducing activity at least once a week I really notice it. Unfortunately it hasn't appeared to help me develop any grace at all, rather the opposite - last weekend I fell of a ladder after I attempted some crazy body supporting leg maneuver trying to take down a picture, and yesterday at IKEA I managed to drop a 100kg piece of unidentified packaged furniture on my big toe. No, I will not sue the bastards for expecting the general public to lift extremely heavy objects despite having no OHS training. That would be ridiculous. No, I will merely blame my recently exercised stiff and uncoordinated body. Perhaps I should sue my dance and yoga teachers? I mean it's all their fault, isn't it, making me move muscles I didn't know I had. The bastards.

2 comments:

calm balm said...

ikea and big toe not good combination. sue em! or atleast get some gorgeous unpronouncable homeware item!

Kenyo said...

I want to sue IKEA because we don't have one!