13.12.06

At Long Last

Yipeee! My very own little blog.
After months of loitering around other people's, I just couldn't help myself any longer.
Because, you know, I just didn't feel like the internet really knew me, the real me. Oh, you liked it that way did you internet? Well, too bad!

So.... here goes.

Something that has been bothering me: The mold in my bathroom is pink, which is weird but kinda cool. At least it doesn't look gross. I've never experienced pink mold before. Perhaps it's of the 4-year-old girl variety, or maybe it's gay mould!

I was in Melbourne again this past weekend, which seems to be a regular thing with me lately. Not all work though, I got to hang out with some friends and walk around in some smoke. What fun.
Massive bushfires at the beginning of summer? Alert! Government! Another climate change disaster!
Thus Melbourne was like a very polluted Asian capital city, only hotter. Yuck.

Whilst in Melbourne I went to a dinner party which was in fact a baby-fest. That is, everyone else was there with their new baby, talking about their new baby, holding their new baby, trying to get their new baby to sleep etc. The whole thing was very adult and mature with place mats and wine glasses and nibbles. I guess you'd expect that from people with babies. It wasn't the adult thing that irked me, cos I like dinner parties, it was the conservative thing. The hosts showed us a picture of their baby with Peter Costello, signed by Peter Costello. PETER COSTELLO. That's like having a signed picture of your baby with the Devil.

I want to go to radical, exotic, baby-free, opium-filled dinner parties!

The weekend was also a wheat-fest. It included the Best Pizza Ever at The Alderman, average pasta at the dinner party, and toast at brunch with Eza. Of course I suffered extreme brain-damaged exhaustion for days afterwards, but life (in Australia) can be pretty tough without the gluten.
Because sometimes, you know, you've just got to go with the gluten flow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... If you dont like Peter Costello you must be very cool. Thumbs up new blogger!