11.2.07

...contd

So comments on the previous post have inspired further pontification on the issue of bike helmets and lack thereof. Employing the 'I speaka-no-english' tactic is certainly the way to go with ignorant policepeeps, and one I would use in a jiffy if I didn't have a silly innate inability to lie to strangers. Whenever Muz tries to play the loudspeak game with me, which he does quite often, I just can't do it! I want to, but all I can do is laugh and look embarrassed. Sigh.

And what a fabulous idea flotiz - I should start carrying a scarf around in my bag, ready to whip out whenever my forgetful-jones syndrome strikes (which is often). A guy I used to know named Josh once wore an icecream container as a helmet, but I think a scarf is much more elegant. That reminds me, in Sydney I also lived 5 minutes away from work and would sometimes bike it, but I never wore a helmet (I didn't own one then.) I think Sydney cops, Surry Hills ones in particular, have a bit more to do than worry about issuing bike helmet warnings. I should have worn a scarf though, just for the glamour - vintage, to match my glamorous vintage work outfits. Ah, those were the days.

No comments: