27.2.07

Oh God. So. Hungover.

Blegh. Post conference partying last night led to way too much white wine, lots of silly dancing, and much gossip and intrigue. But it was a good chance to cement a few of the new contacts/friends I've made there.
Networking and being inspired by some of the best doco makers in the world, learning about other people's projects (this too!) and the ways they funded them, were definitely the best things about the past few days.
The worst: too little sleep, too tired and too busy to exercise, eat properly, or do anything around the house. But it was completely worth it, cause I got to meet and talk to one of my professional idols. This guy's films are amazing, his photography is gorgeous, and he's half Javanese! I'm trying to help him get a distributor for his films here in Australia, so people here can actually see them outside of festivals (his latest doco is playing at the Adelaide film festival tonight.)
Ah, so many fantastic docos to see, so little time. Can't wait for Thin Ice this Sunday either.

Despite the deep exhaustion and dire seediness of today, I'm inspired, motivated, full of new ideas, wiser, and more determined to achieve my goals.
I'm also missing winter for some very strange reason. Today feels like it should be cold and rainy, just to snuggle up in a big woolly scarf and drink lots of tea.

No comments: