3.1.07

Lazy days

These xmas/new year holidays have been so relaxing I fear that returning to work may cause my body and brain to go into a state of intense shock as I curl up in childs pose on the floor of my office for several hours, or something like that.
Not having to feel gross and seedy recovering from a trashy drug/alchohol fueled New Year's Eve for the first time in about 10 years has probably helped. Instead, I have:

Slept up to 10 hours most nights.

Munched on endless bowls of date and chocolate gluten free biscuits and icecream (together, topped with berries yum yum).

Managed to convince Muz to go down to the beach with me.

Been to see three (3!) films at the cinemas. I think I saw that many in the whole of 2006. The best by far: Little Miss Sunshine. Haven't laughed that much in a movie in so long. It was sad and funny and the characters were brilliant.
Sadly dissapointed by Volver. After reading tonnes of rave reviews, I had high expectations, but it doesn't compare with Almodovar's best (eg All About My Mother, Bad Education).

Cooked up lunches like this one:



Sunbaked and read this book which I'm still reading. It's an interestingly constructed narrative that gives good insight into life in the Ottoman empire, but a bit too violent in parts for my liking. Not really into scenes where people are getting their head smashed in by a metal inkpot.

Discovered the best summer drink ever: Iced organic white tea.
I found this tea at Coles (of all places).
All you do is make one or two strong cups of the tea (normal green tea is also good), pour into a large jug (polka-dotted of course). Fill the jug up with filtered water and put in the fridge. Serve chilled with some mint and you have the most refreshing and deliciously thirst-quenching liquid in the world.




Oh, and I forgot to mention spending time down at Middleton, were I went on lots of beautiful coastal walks, had a drink at the local pub, ate the best fish and chips on the beach, and got my arse royally kicked in Scrabble. Damn, gotta get more tactical with the Scrabble!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

How good is Little Miss Sunshine! The broken Combi horn and the RAWWRRR!! bit had me laughing so hard.

That tea looks perfect.

Tea-cosy said...

Oh the broken horn! That was the funniest. And the dancing at the pageant. And the uncle's running style. So funny.

calm balm said...

that drink would be perfect if it had a bottle of rum thrown in.
Such is your life of beach, sun and easy-lunches.