25.1.07

When the going gets tough, the tough eat potato chips

It seems my life is all about the cliches lately. I guess I'd forgotten that when it comes to this crazy game called life, one should always expect the unexpected.
This week, out of the blue (actually not really but it felt that way) things have gone a bit awry. And during the thick of things the shoulder to cry on came from the most unlikely of sources.

Things are pretty sorted now, but what can you do when you've really let down the person you love the most? Bake them a cake? That kinda doesn't cut it.
I know I've been getting complacent with life and this relationship, not appreciating how lucky I am. I haven't stood up for what and who I believe in because I've been scared and it's easier to run away.

I think the only way to make things right is to try and and be a better person. And maybe a cake will help a little. Banana and walnut perhaps... or chocolate?

3 comments:

calm balm said...

Chocolate mud cake with 2 tablespoons of king-island double cream.

Hannah said...

Oh no. No idea what's going on but I'm glad it sounds like it's being worked out. xoxo.

Tea-cosy said...

Thanks Han... or should I say AmeliƩ? Cute photo!

Flotiz: that sounds sickeningly delicious.